Blob Blame History Raw
CentOS Board Meeting Minutes 2018-04-25
Johnny Hughes
Michael McLean
Karsten Wade
Fabian Arrotin
Ralph Angenendt
Jim Perrin
Karanbir Singh

Agenda & Actions
Rich Bowen community action plan
ACTION: Rich to get presentation & to-do out to people for further discussion
ACTION: Board to discuss through & provide explicit approval to Rich
ACTION: Jim has this for the Board in terms of action plan & assigning technical resources to make solutions, then write up all the bits & post them on
Using registered ® mark:
Required for graphic marks?
Standard is first-usage, then drop
We specify
ACTION: Karsten to write up changes to the wiki based on email thread
Commercial distribution expectations around ™ guidelines
ACTION: Karsten to invite Richard Fontana to discuss how we 
ACTION: Another action for this item
CERN usage of “CentOS”
ACTION: Karsten to write up a response to CERN about how to refer to the CentOS Linux they rebuild since they cannot technically resolve their situation. This is more about how they market it anyway.
7 release
No actions
Minutes / Notes
Rich notes
Transition -- Moving now to advisory role for RDO, coming online for CentOS full time
Getting formal endorsement from Board for things Rich is doing
OSAS is promoting CentOS because it’s beneficial to product line
FOSS is a neat idea
Need to continue communicating to product side that we are not the enemy
Agreement on types of events to support
Moving Dojos to first priority
Bangalore & Singapore
Various degrees of success
Singapore was a good learning experience
Looking at CERN & ORNL
Let’s be pro-active on Dojos
Who is where
See a meetup group started first to create anchor community
What makes a Dojo
Improve on wiki approach, be consistent with the approach
Local meetup groups
Few found, non particularly active
Where is the activity here
Messaging agreement
CentOS as platform for innovation

Social media plan - there is one now
Adding people to blogging/planet
Enable Rich to have a working request process so he can promote/suggest folks
Where the action is at
Rich is attending/lurking at meetings
Maybe do some write-ups about SIGs for all audiences
Fedora & RHEL
Message that celebrates the genealogy of Fedora & CentOS & RHEL.

Reboot newsletter
Need more delegation to the community
“Larger community” not feeling able to get involved because all the tasks are taken
Things in core infra
Can people be part of rebuilding RHEL release?
What blocks on internal side?

Some tasks owned by one or two people
Part of our mission is to bring on younger people
Promotion around releases
Release checklist to start in advance of a release
What we are talking about, where we’re sending the message, who did cool stuff to celebrate, make sure press knows it’s coming, etc. …
CentOS is more reactive to RHEL
But there is a window where we can build that message
Johnny notes:
Reactive, we don’t know what’s in it until after the RHEL release source gets to us.
Board meetings
Folks see -- Dark cabal that controls everything
Want to see meetings, agenda
SIG maybe attend?
Contributes to the notion that RHT runs everything when the decision process is not transparent.
Paul & Jim working together to be POC for RHT on Fedora & CentOS
Not all is clear with RHT yet
We need to have an idea of what to do for forums, etc.
Difference between contributions & personal postings
Argument for using a single auth ACO(?) 
Usage of CentOS
Entities need to either change how they refer to their rebuild or they need to not make a rebuild or they need to make the rebuild via the SIG process