- Standard components: director, storage, client, docs, bconsole.
- Graphical components: bat, bacula-tray-monitor (where supported).
- Tab completion for bconsole.
- Nagios plugin.
- HTML/PDF docs.
- Quick start guides.
- File Daemon bpipe-fd plugin.
- POSIX.1e capabilities for File Daemon.
- Systemd for Fedora and RHEL 7+.
- SysV init scripts for RHEL 5/6.
- GZIP/LZO compression.
- Static uid/gid of 133 (see "setup" package).
- No usermode / fedora-usermgmt stuff in the console packages.
- Docs no longer an arch specific subpackage.
- SQL libraries needed only by Director and Storage daemons.
- SQL backend management through the alternatives system.
======== Quick start
Please look at the following files for a quick start with the various database
To deal with the switching process for the database backend, see the following
file which explains how to make the necessary changes:
======== Upgrading from old Redhat releases
When upgrading from old Redhat releases, the "bacula-libs-sql" package takes
care of making the appropriate selection for the database backend based on what
was previously configured on the old system.
The default permissions in the "/etc/bacula" folder have changed; please perform
the following commands for restoring the permissions for the correct operation
of the daemons.
# chown -R root:root /etc/bacula
# chmod 755 /etc/bacula
# chmod 640 /etc/bacula/*
# chgrp bacula /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf /etc/bacula/query.sql
All the files that are part of the Director configuration (included with @) must
of course have the same permissions as the main configuration file.
To see all the available documentation in both HTML and PDF formats, please
install the "bacula-docs" package.