#centos-devel: CentOS Board meeting - SIG proposals & other business

Meeting started by quaid at 21:55:53 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. We have a quorum of Board members, safe to proceed :) (quaid, 21:58:58)

  1. Desktop SIG proposal (quaid, 21:59:20)
    1. current boundaries for the SIG are to include alternate desktop environments (DEs) with the future expansion in to styling (quaid, 22:18:46)
    2. a SIG boundary is to not include non-open source nor software with potential or real legal issues (quaid, 22:19:21)
    3. SIG may carry packages that are later than what is in EPEL if it feels the need (quaid, 22:20:05)
    4. target for CentOS 7* to start, back to CentOS 6* as time and interest permits (quaid, 22:25:00)
    5. ACTION: smooge to work up a formal proposal (quaid, 22:50:46)
    6. ACTION: SIG needs to consider what release formats to use (ISO, netinstall, all-in-one-spins, etc.) (quaid, 22:51:57)
    7. IDEA: project wide work on Anaconda to fold in all groups/variants will help the Desktop SIG needs for respins, etc. (quaid, 22:53:33)
    8. IDEA: discuss about respins using packages not built on centos infra and so not signed by us (Arrfab, 22:56:56)


Meeting ended at 23:08:36 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. smooge to work up a formal proposal
  2. SIG needs to consider what release formats to use (ISO, netinstall, all-in-one-spins, etc.)


Action items, by person

  1. smooge
    1. smooge to work up a formal proposal


People present (lines said)

  1. dan408 (46)
  2. quaid (42)
  3. smooge (40)
  4. Evolution (34)
  5. kbsingh (19)
  6. hughesjr (12)
  7. Arrfab (11)
  8. centbot (3)
  9. tru_tru (3)
  10. cctrieloff (2)
  11. wolfy (1)
  12. range (0)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.