bcotton / centos / centos.org

Forked from centos/centos.org 2 years ago
Clone
Blob Blame History Raw
# CentOS IRC meetings

## Meeting schedule

The IRC meetings schedule is driven by the [github.com/CentOS/Calendar](https://github.com/CentOS/Calendar) repository.  To propose a change or add a meeting, please submit a pull-request to that git-hub repository.  This repository is mirrored to git.centos.org.

Here is the link to a `.ical` file containing all CentOS IRC meetings, for use in your favorite calendaring app: [iCalendar Meeting Schedule](https://git.centos.org/raw/sig-core!calendar.git/master/output!irc-meetings.ical)

A [list of all meetings](#list) is available below.

## Logging

CentOS IRC channels and meetings are logged. You can find them [here](http://www.centos.org/minutes/).

## <a name="list">Meeting List</a>

Here is a list of current meetings with their descriptions:

* [Atomic SIG](#Atomic_SIG)
* [Cloud SIG](#Cloud_SIG)
* [Community Buildsystem & Infrastructure Meeting](#Community_Buildsystem_&_Infrastructure_Meeting)
* [Config Management SIG](#Config_Management_SIG)
* [Karanbir Singh Office Hours - Thursdays](#Karanbir_Singh_Office_Hours_-_Thursdays)
* [Karanbir Singh Office Hours - Wednesdays](#Karanbir_Singh_Office_Hours_-_Wednesdays)
* [OpsTools SIG](#OpsTools_SIG)
* [PaaS SIG](#PaaS_SIG)
* [Software Collections SIG Sync-up](#Software_Collections_SIG_Sync-up)
* [Storage SIG](#Storage_SIG)

### <a name="Atomic_SIG">Atomic SIG</a>

* Weekly on Thursday at [1600 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=16&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Joe Brockmeier (jzb)
* [Link to Project Site](http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic)
* The SIG is working on several goals including shipping a minimal CentOS Atomic Host that focuses on running Docker containers in production.


### <a name="Cloud_SIG">Cloud SIG</a>

* Weekly on Thursday at [1500 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Rich Bowen (rbowen) and Kushal Das (kushal)
* [Link to Project Site](http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Cloud)
* The proposed CentOS Cloud SIG (CCS) is a group of people coming together to focus on packaging and maintaining different FOSS based Private cloud infrastructure applications that one can install and run natively on CentOS. We are a non vendor, non technology and non agent specific focus group, but we will gladly work with and build content to suit relevant niches or vendor ecosystems. This group specifically targets users who wish to install and run their own, independent ( or hybrid ) cloud infrastructure on CentOS Linux.

The CCS intends to take ownership of existing CentOS Project relationships with vendors, and help to maintain the updated package repositories for all participating cloud projects. 


### <a name="Community_Buildsystem_&_Infrastructure_Meeting">Community Buildsystem & Infrastructure Meeting</a>

* Weekly on Monday at [1400 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=14&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Brian Stinson (bstinson), Fabian Arrotin (Arrfab), Karanbir Singh (kbsingh), Thomas Oulevey (alphacc)
* [Link to Project Site](http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CommunityBuildSystem)
* The CBS/Infra meeting is for discussing and coordinating operations in the Community Buildsystem. Anyone are welcome to attend and discuss client tools, jobs in the buildsystem, feature requests, and anything related.


### <a name="Config_Management_SIG">Config Management SIG</a>

* Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Friday at [1700 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=17&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Julien Pivotto (roidelapluie)
* [Link to Project Site](https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG)
* The Config Management SIG is a SpecialInterestGroup that aims to bridge the gap between Config Management tools Power users and traditional users by producing and release RPM packages of several Configuration Management and Orchestration tools.


### <a name="Karanbir_Singh_Office_Hours_-_Thursdays">Karanbir Singh Office Hours - Thursdays</a>

* Weekly on Thursday at [0930 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=09&amp;min=30&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Karanbir Singh (kbsingh)
* [Link to Project Site](http://www.karan.org/blog/2015/06/08/regular-office-hours/)
* I am going to make myself available to anyone who wants to come along and
talk about CentOS Linux, the CentOS Project, the SIGs or anything else that
is related to these.  During this time, you can find me on #centos-devel @
<a href="http://irc.freenode.net">irc.freenode.net</a> as kbsingh, and you can also call me on the phone
at +44 207 009 4455.


### <a name="Karanbir_Singh_Office_Hours_-_Wednesdays">Karanbir Singh Office Hours - Wednesdays</a>

* Weekly on Wednesday at [1700 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=17&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel via PM
* Chair (to contact for more information): Karanbir Singh (kbsingh)
* [Link to Project Site](http://www.karan.org/blog/2015/06/08/regular-office-hours/)
* I am going to make myself available to anyone who wants to come along and
talk about CentOS Linux, the CentOS Project, the SIGs or anything else that
is related to these.  During this time, you can find me on #centos-devel @
<a href="http://irc.freenode.net">irc.freenode.net</a> as kbsingh, and you can also call me on the phone
at +44 207 009 4455.


### <a name="OpsTools_SIG">OpsTools SIG</a>

* Weekly on Wednesday at [1800 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=18&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Matthias Runge (mrunge) and  Ric Megginson (richm)
* [Link to Project Site](http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/OpsTools)
* The SIG will provide tools for operators, system administrators, devops and developers doing infrastructure engineering on content based on CentOS Linux. We will aim to support the Config Management SIG ( <a href="https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG">https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/ConfigManagementSIG</a> ) and repurpose their content as and when needed in our space.


### <a name="PaaS_SIG">PaaS SIG</a>

* Weekly on Wednesday at [1700 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=17&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Troy Dawson (tdawson)
* [Link to Project Site](https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/PaaS)
* The SIG will work on delivering multiple PaaS Stacks. These stacks will come in various formats (rpms, containers, images etc ) The content will be delivered into the CentOS Ecosystem for end user consumption, run as a service, and support other CentOS Ecosystem projects.


### <a name="Software_Collections_SIG_Sync-up">Software Collections SIG Sync-up</a>

* Every two weeks (on even weeks) on Tuesday at [1300 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=13&amp;min=00&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Honza Horak (hhorak)
* [Link to Project Site](http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/SCLo)
* The Software Collections SIG will provide an upstream development area for various software collections and related tools. Developers can build on and extend existing SCLs, so they don&#39;t need to re-invent the wheel or take responsibility for packaging unnecessary dependencies. 


### <a name="Storage_SIG">Storage SIG</a>

* Every two weeks (on odd weeks) on Friday at [1530 UTC](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=15&amp;min=30&amp;sec=0) in #centos-devel
* Chair (to contact for more information): Karanbir Singh (kbsingh) and Lalatendu Mohanty (lalatenduM)
* [Link to Project Site](http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage)
* The CentOS Storage Special Interest Group (SIG) is a collection of like-minded individuals coming together to ensure that CentOS is a suitable platform for many different storage solutions. This group will ensure that all Open Source storage options seeking to utilize CentOS as a delivery platform have a voice in packaging, orchestration, deployment, and related work. 



Page generated on 2016-08-15 14:00:32.461952 UTC