bcotton / centos / centos.org

Forked from centos/centos.org 2 years ago
Clone

Blame static/minutes/2014/march/centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.html

c3b3e1
c3b3e1
<html>
c3b3e1
<head>
c3b3e1
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
c3b3e1
<title>#centos-devel: Board meeting live http://centos.org/media - agenda for today:  Storage and Cloud-related SIG proposals</title>
c3b3e1
<style type="text/css">
c3b3e1
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
c3b3e1
body {
c3b3e1
    font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
c3b3e1
    font-size:14px;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
h1 {
c3b3e1
    text-align: center;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
a {
c3b3e1
    color:navy;
c3b3e1
    text-decoration: none;
c3b3e1
    border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
a:hover {
c3b3e1
    text-decoration:none;
c3b3e1
    border-bottom: 0;
c3b3e1
    color:#0000B9;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
hr {
c3b3e1
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
c3b3e1
.details {
c3b3e1
    font-size: 12px;
c3b3e1
    font-weight:bold;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
c3b3e1
.itemtype {
c3b3e1
    font-style: normal;    /* un-italics it */
c3b3e1
    font-weight: bold;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
/* Example: change single item types.  Capitalized command name.
c3b3e1
/* .TOPIC  {  color:navy;  } */
c3b3e1
/* .AGREED {  color:lime;  } */
c3b3e1
c3b3e1
</style>
c3b3e1
</head>
c3b3e1
c3b3e1
<body>
c3b3e1

#centos-devel: Board meeting live http://centos.org/media - agenda for today: Storage and Cloud-related SIG proposals

c3b3e1
c3b3e1
Meeting started by quaid at 20:58:13 UTC
c3b3e1
(full logs).
c3b3e1
c3b3e1


c3b3e1
c3b3e1
c3b3e1
c3b3e1

Meeting summary

c3b3e1
    c3b3e1
  1. c3b3e1
      c3b3e1
        
    1. c3b3e1
          href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muUOhg12FKs">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muUOhg12FKs
      c3b3e1
          (
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-19'>kbsingh,
      c3b3e1
          21:04:26)
      c3b3e1
      c3b3e1

      c3b3e1
    2. Storage SIG proposal (quaid, 21:07:26)
    3. c3b3e1
        c3b3e1
          
      1. c3b3e1
            href="http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/Proposal">http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/Proposal
        c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-26'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:07:28)
        c3b3e1
          
      2. AGREED: we have a
      3. c3b3e1
            quorum (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-29'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:09:25)
        c3b3e1
          
      4. SIG members currently include Ceph and
      5. c3b3e1
            Gluster (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-32'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:12:20)
        c3b3e1
          
      6. SIG members include Patrick Mcgarry (Ceph) and
      7. c3b3e1
            Lalatendu Mohanty (GlusterFS) and KBSingh (Board
        c3b3e1
            mentor/liaison) (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-33'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:13:28)
        c3b3e1
          
      8. Need to work on repository structure
      9. c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-42'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:18:16)
        c3b3e1
          
      10. qemu dependencies mean work with the Cloud *
      11. c3b3e1
            SIG who adopts qemu to figure out if it can be worked together,
        c3b3e1
            hierarchical setup, with maintain-your-own the last possible answer
        c3b3e1
            :) (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-43'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:18:56)
        c3b3e1
          
      12. a storage SIG repository could be cleaner and
      13. c3b3e1
            keep things out of CentOS Extras and CentOS Plus 
        c3b3e1
            class="details">(
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-45'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:22:45)
        c3b3e1
          
      14. ACTION: need to
      15. c3b3e1
            consider best way to handle questions from IRC, Twitter, etc. for
        c3b3e1
            live Board hangouts. (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-54'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:27:27)
        c3b3e1
          
      16. AGREED: start new SIG
      17. c3b3e1
            work on main -devel and users lists, then branch as needed
        c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-56'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:36:01)
        c3b3e1
          
      18. IDEA: having an
      19. c3b3e1
            all-SIGs-overview mailing list for cross-SIG coordination (esp. if
        c3b3e1
            things move from -devel) (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-57'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:36:24)
        c3b3e1
          
      20. ACTION: make sure new
      21. c3b3e1
            SIG work gets exposure of ~first 3 months on main centos-devel
        c3b3e1
            list (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-58'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:37:18)
        c3b3e1
          
      22. IDEA: have a SIG
      23. c3b3e1
            coordinators (or all maintainers) should have a chat every few
        c3b3e1
            weeks, such as a public Hangout or IRC 
        c3b3e1
            class="details">(
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-59'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:37:45)
        c3b3e1
          
      24. AGREED: quorum voted
      25. c3b3e1
            yes to Storage SIG propsals (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-60'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:39:48)
        c3b3e1
          
      26. ACTION: KB to follow
      27. c3b3e1
            up with Jim and Tru (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-61'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:40:00)
        c3b3e1
          
      28. ACTION: KB to send
      29. c3b3e1
            call-to-action to -devel list (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-62'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:40:11)
        c3b3e1
          
      30. IDEA: include CentOS
      31. c3b3e1
            package/build expert, Ceph will bring their maintainer 
        c3b3e1
            class="details">(
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-64'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:40:41)
        c3b3e1
          
      32. c3b3e1
            href="http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance/Proposal">http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance/Proposal
        c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-65'>kbsingh,
        c3b3e1
            21:42:06)
        c3b3e1
          
      33. c3b3e1
            href="http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance/Proposal">http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance/Proposal
        c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-66'>mikem23,
        c3b3e1
            21:42:08)
        c3b3e1
        c3b3e1

        c3b3e1
      34. Cloud Instance SIG (quaid, 21:42:22)
      35. c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
            
        1. c3b3e1
              href="http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance/Proposal">http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance/Proposal
          c3b3e1
              (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-68'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:42:27)
          c3b3e1
            
        2. the intention of this SIG is to have folks who
        3. c3b3e1
              know what they are doing and represent mindshare, come together and
          c3b3e1
              help us build images that work across cloud providers, meet best
          c3b3e1
              practices, development environments, tuned up for
          c3b3e1
              environments. (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-69'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:43:24)
          c3b3e1
            
        4. primary charter is to bring in existing experts
        5. c3b3e1
              to help us build images (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-70'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:43:36)
          c3b3e1
            
        6. SIG will deliver a basic image that others can
        7. c3b3e1
              bundle with their RPMs to do their own image 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-71'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:49:53)
          c3b3e1
            
        8. cloud-init, minimizing for certain instances,
        9. c3b3e1
              perf tuning for certain hypervisors (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-72'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:50:13)
          c3b3e1
            
        10. most of the work will be kickstart files v.
        11. c3b3e1
              RPMs (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-73'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:50:37)
          c3b3e1
            
        12. IDEA: SIG is focused on
        13. c3b3e1
              tuning and curating the image, but there is room in the scope to
          c3b3e1
              provide multiple images tuned for various environments 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-74'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:51:47)
          c3b3e1
            
        14. Primary interface will be with the Core
        15. c3b3e1
              SIG (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-76'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:53:40)
          c3b3e1
            
        16. SIG is requesting cloud.centos.org as a source
        17. c3b3e1
              (with an API?) for distributing images, cf. mirror.centos.org for
          c3b3e1
              packages (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-77'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:54:30)
          c3b3e1
            
        18. QA for images are basic/essential, may look to
        19. c3b3e1
              spread out toward different hypervisors 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-78'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              22:00:10)
          c3b3e1
            
        20. IDEA: having 2 physical
        21. c3b3e1
              machines ready for a few hours every day for QA 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-79'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              22:00:24)
          c3b3e1
            
        22. IDEA: it would be nice
        23. c3b3e1
              to have a process to promote image when they get enough
          c3b3e1
              testing/traction to official installation media. 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-82'>alphacc,
          c3b3e1
              22:04:42)
          c3b3e1
            
        24. AGREED: Vote agrees
        25. c3b3e1
              to the Cloud Instance SIG proposal; follow-up to happen with Jim and
          c3b3e1
              Tru to confirm their votes (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-84'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              22:07:45)
          c3b3e1
            
        26. ACTION: KB to
        27. c3b3e1
              follow-up with Jim and Tru about this vote 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-85'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              22:08:03)
          c3b3e1
            
        28. ACTION: SIG needs to
        29. c3b3e1
              define primary point of contact/coordinator 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-19-20.58.log.html#l-86'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              22:08:18)
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1


          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          Meeting ended at 22:09:20 UTC
          c3b3e1
          (full logs).
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1


          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1

          Action items

          c3b3e1
            c3b3e1
              
          1. need to consider best way to handle questions from IRC, Twitter, etc. for live Board hangouts.
          2. c3b3e1
              
          3. make sure new SIG work gets exposure of ~first 3 months on main centos-devel list
          4. c3b3e1
              
          5. KB to follow up with Jim and Tru
          6. c3b3e1
              
          7. KB to send call-to-action to -devel list
          8. c3b3e1
              
          9. KB to follow-up with Jim and Tru about this vote
          10. c3b3e1
              
          11. SIG needs to define primary point of contact/coordinator
          12. c3b3e1
            c3b3e1


            c3b3e1
            c3b3e1
            c3b3e1
            c3b3e1

            People present (lines said)

            c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
                
            1. quaid (51)
            2. c3b3e1
                
            3. kbsingh (9)
            4. c3b3e1
                
            5. Evolution (7)
            6. c3b3e1
                
            7. scuttlemonkey (7)
            8. c3b3e1
                
            9. alphacc (6)
            10. c3b3e1
                
            11. centbot (3)
            12. c3b3e1
                
            13. TrevorH (3)
            14. c3b3e1
                
            15. range (1)
            16. c3b3e1
                
            17. mikem23 (1)
            18. c3b3e1
                
            19. hughesjr (0)
            20. c3b3e1
                
            21. Arrfab (0)
            22. c3b3e1
                
            23. tru_tru (0)
            24. c3b3e1
              c3b3e1


              c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
              Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.
              c3b3e1
              </body></html>