bcotton / centos / centos.org

Forked from centos/centos.org 2 years ago
Clone

Blame static/minutes/2014/march/centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.html

c3b3e1
c3b3e1
<html>
c3b3e1
<head>
c3b3e1
<meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
c3b3e1
<title>#centos-devel: CentOS Board public meeting</title>
c3b3e1
<style type="text/css">
c3b3e1
/* This is for the .html in the HTML2 writer */
c3b3e1
body {
c3b3e1
    font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
c3b3e1
    font-size:14px;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
h1 {
c3b3e1
    text-align: center;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
a {
c3b3e1
    color:navy;
c3b3e1
    text-decoration: none;
c3b3e1
    border-bottom:1px dotted navy;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
a:hover {
c3b3e1
    text-decoration:none;
c3b3e1
    border-bottom: 0;
c3b3e1
    color:#0000B9;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
hr {
c3b3e1
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
/* The (nick, time) item pairs, and other body text things. */
c3b3e1
.details {
c3b3e1
    font-size: 12px;
c3b3e1
    font-weight:bold;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
/* The 'AGREED:', 'IDEA', etc, prefix to lines. */
c3b3e1
.itemtype {
c3b3e1
    font-style: normal;    /* un-italics it */
c3b3e1
    font-weight: bold;
c3b3e1
}
c3b3e1
/* Example: change single item types.  Capitalized command name.
c3b3e1
/* .TOPIC  {  color:navy;  } */
c3b3e1
/* .AGREED {  color:lime;  } */
c3b3e1
c3b3e1
</style>
c3b3e1
</head>
c3b3e1
c3b3e1
<body>
c3b3e1

#centos-devel: CentOS Board public meeting

c3b3e1
c3b3e1
Meeting started by quaid at 21:04:16 UTC
c3b3e1
(full logs).
c3b3e1
c3b3e1


c3b3e1
c3b3e1
c3b3e1
c3b3e1

Meeting summary

c3b3e1
    c3b3e1
  1. Core S (quaid, 21:07:11)
  2. c3b3e1

    c3b3e1
  3. Core SIG (quaid, 21:07:19)
  4. c3b3e1
      c3b3e1
        
    1. although RHEL 7 upstream isn't doing a 32-bit
    2. c3b3e1
          build, we have reason to do it as part of building the main
      c3b3e1
          distro. (
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-7'>quaid,
      c3b3e1
          21:08:39)
      c3b3e1
        
    3. IDEA: 32-bit is part of
    4. c3b3e1
          Core SIG (
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-8'>quaid,
      c3b3e1
          21:08:44)
      c3b3e1
        
    5. IDEA: or 32-bit is it's
    6. c3b3e1
          own SIG (
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-9'>quaid,
      c3b3e1
          21:08:49)
      c3b3e1
        
    7. for 64-bit we don't need to build 32-bit ISOs,
    8. c3b3e1
          make sure installs work, and make sure kernels work 
      c3b3e1
          class="details">(
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-10'>quaid,
      c3b3e1
          21:09:37)
      c3b3e1
        
    9. IDEA: we could do most
    10. c3b3e1
          of the work in the Core SIG and have the 32-bit SIG focus on the
      c3b3e1
          final ISO building and testing (
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-11'>quaid,
      c3b3e1
          21:09:54)
      c3b3e1
        
    11. AGREED: Core SIG can
    12. c3b3e1
          produce 32-bit RPMs, and 32-bit SIG can focus on building and
      c3b3e1
          testing ISOs; as that SIG gains merit they can gain more access to
      c3b3e1
          do the work; all of the work could be tested as part of the
      c3b3e1
          QA. (
      c3b3e1
          href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-12'>quaid,
      c3b3e1
          21:16:42)
      c3b3e1
      c3b3e1

      c3b3e1
    13. Virt SIG proposal (quaid, 21:17:09)
    14. c3b3e1
        c3b3e1
          
      1. Virt SIG would be for all
      2. c3b3e1
            virtualization-related updated software needs, bootstrapping with
        c3b3e1
            Xen (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-14'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:25:36)
        c3b3e1
          
      3. IDEA: SIGs should look
      4. c3b3e1
            to the common e.g. qemu in Virt SIG (even to maybe carry a patch for
        c3b3e1
            them) before carrying their own variation of a package in their own
        c3b3e1
            SIG (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-15'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:30:39)
        c3b3e1
          
      5. IDEA: make it so
      6. c3b3e1
            everyone can consume from central (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-16'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:31:02)
        c3b3e1
          
      7. IDEA: Virt SIG could be
      8. c3b3e1
            a good place for carrying the latest upstream KVM for those who want
        c3b3e1
            it (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-17'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:31:25)
        c3b3e1
          
      9. Virt SIG will also need to carry a new
      10. c3b3e1
            libvirt (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-21'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:32:17)
        c3b3e1
          
      11. c3b3e1
            href="http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Core">http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Core
        c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-25'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:32:57)
        c3b3e1
          
      12. ACTION: Core SIG
      13. c3b3e1
            needs to update it's charter & run that by the Board
        c3b3e1
            (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-29'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:36:12)
        c3b3e1
          
      14. 'CentOS' in the Core SIG description means
      15. c3b3e1
            "CentOS Linux, controls everything not done by other SIGs, is the
        c3b3e1
            core OS" (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-36'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:40:25)
        c3b3e1
          
      16. IDEA: have an Infra SIG
      17. c3b3e1
            that takes the infrastructure management work off the hands of the
        c3b3e1
            Core SIG, who can then maintian just the build system (or systems
        c3b3e1
            for the community builders) (
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-41'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:41:38)
        c3b3e1
          
      18. AGREED: tentatively
      19. c3b3e1
            agreed to approve Virt SIG proposal as new charter, upcoming content
        c3b3e1
            on the Wiki; need to get input from Tru 
        c3b3e1
            class="details">(
        c3b3e1
            href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-62'>quaid,
        c3b3e1
            21:50:37)
        c3b3e1
        c3b3e1

        c3b3e1
      20. Any other business? (quaid, 21:50:43)
      21. c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
            
        1. In general, we'll be able to bring up
        2. c3b3e1
              functional SIGs e.g. Documentation, QA, Promo, Artwork, etc.; have a
          c3b3e1
              dependency on an auth system to share resources granularly v.
          c3b3e1
              all-or-nothing (
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-71'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              21:56:23)
          c3b3e1
            
        3. Jim Perrin has been working with FreeIPA and
        4. c3b3e1
              Fedora Auth System (FAS) to see how they compare; FreeIPA looks
          c3b3e1
              really nice & would be a good reference story; FAS has all the
          c3b3e1
              features we need but is really customized. 
          c3b3e1
              class="details">(
          c3b3e1
              href='centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.log.html#l-75'>quaid,
          c3b3e1
              22:00:49)
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1


          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          Meeting ended at 22:03:45 UTC
          c3b3e1
          (full logs).
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1


          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1
          c3b3e1

          Action items

          c3b3e1
            c3b3e1
              
          1. Core SIG needs to update it's charter & run that by the Board
          2. c3b3e1
            c3b3e1


            c3b3e1
            c3b3e1
            c3b3e1
            c3b3e1

            People present (lines said)

            c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
                
            1. quaid (41)
            2. c3b3e1
                
            3. Evolution (15)
            4. c3b3e1
                
            5. toracat (12)
            6. c3b3e1
                
            7. hughesjr (9)
            8. c3b3e1
                
            9. range (4)
            10. c3b3e1
                
            11. csieh (4)
            12. c3b3e1
                
            13. centbot (3)
            14. c3b3e1
                
            15. kbsingh (2)
            16. c3b3e1
                
            17. ccmolik (1)
            18. c3b3e1
                
            19. Arrfab (1)
            20. c3b3e1
              c3b3e1


              c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
              c3b3e1
              Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.
              c3b3e1
              </body></html>