#centos-devel Meeting

Meeting started by quaid at 16:20:21 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. around Java jars, all that matters is redistributability -- if you want to maintain N jars for your users, that's up to you (quaid, 16:20:53)
    2. IDEA: branding forum to discuss and resolve, cf. fedora-legal list (quaid, 16:21:45)
    3. ACTION: quaid to talk with fontana about branding forum (quaid, 16:22:09)
    4. breaking out CLoud Infra and Instance as different SIGs (quaid, 16:26:18)
    5. yes, oVirt is distributed via RPMs (quaid, 16:27:12)
    6. http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/CloudInstance (kbsingh, 16:27:27)
    7. ROD users either packstack or foreman as separate installers (puppet underneath) (quaid, 16:27:40)
    8. AGREED: worth working on a pushbutton ISO tool as part of the CentOS Project (quaid, 16:47:24)
    9. IDEA: have upstream merit be the basis for who gets commit access, rather than CentOS having to track it (quaid, 16:49:04)
    10. IDEA: within CentOS Project tools, have it be possible for someone in the SIG to get tired of greenlighting patches from a known good person, so proposes that person to the SIG for commit access directly -- this would happen outside of the upstream's own contributor growth pathway (quaid, 16:50:51)
    11. the livecd and image from git stuff already works, so we dont need to block on other stuff. its a simple low hanging fruit thing that we can use to setup a relationship with (quaid, 16:52:13)
    12. IDEA: Seed a few committers to git.centos.org from each upstream, add new commiters as per $formula_to_be_determined but which could be a combination of merit-within-CentOS and merit-within-$upstream (quaid, 16:54:05)
    13. IDEA: handle organically, don't sweat (quaid, 16:54:41)
    14. AGREED: CentOS is using the meritocracy spotlight, somehow :) (quaid, 16:54:55)


Meeting ended at 17:17:32 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. quaid to talk with fontana about branding forum


Action items, by person

  1. quaid
    1. quaid to talk with fontana about branding forum


People present (lines said)

  1. quaid (43)
  2. goozbach (14)
  3. kbsingh (9)
  4. jzb (6)
  5. Evolution (6)
  6. centbot (5)
  7. hughesjr (5)
  8. mburned (5)
  9. DrBacchus (5)
  10. Bahhumbug (4)
  11. mikem23 (3)
  12. pixelb (2)
  13. samkottler (0)
  14. ke4qqq (0)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.