- Do we have a process to promote SIGs?
- Scaffolding already in place.
- Need more docs about how SIGs work.
- Not much written down, very verbal
- Keeping it sane, easy, process-lite.
- New SIGs bring same questions each time.
- Expectations on SIGs vary.
- At what part do they sponsor own people, sign own packages.
- Can we have a SIG how-to, what document discussion?
- Karsten volunteering to pull that meeting/discussion together.
- Look into SIG guide
Good to use for centering of the SIG lead discussion ^^^^^
What are merit levels?
0. SIG Chair(s) exist & have membership.
1. SIG Chair(s) can sponsor members.
2. SIG Chair(s) can sign content.
Maybe can delegate sponsorship?
- Proposal -- Board sponsor suggest SIG is ready and asks for vote. (post-minutes comment from KW: Meaning, when the Board sponsor for a SIG thinks it is ready to move up the merit levels, that Board member asks the Board to vote on the rise. Presumably others can also suggest, but the sponsor really is the champion for a SIG on the Board, as per Governance.)
- All present: Yes
- Jim, Carl still need to vote to finalize.
- Are any SIGs ready?
- Virt SIG …
- Current Leader may be leaving soon
- Cloud SIG
- All friends and family …
- Self referential …
- Leadership is very responsive.
- Somewhat responsive …
- Very new, but might progress quickly