Blob Blame History Raw
CentOS Board - meeting minutes - 2020-04-08
CentOS Board - meeting minutes - YYYY-MM-DD
Decisions, resolutions, and agreements
Agenda + Minutes
Public minutes
Jim Perrin
Johnny Hughes
Pat Riehecky
Karsten Wade
Mike McLean
Ralph Angenendt
Karanbir Singh
ACTION: Adding Thomas/Patrick to things - Karsten for GDrive, IRC channel; WHO? mailing list, else ... 
(Carry all actions from notes below up to this section)
Decisions, resolutions, and agreements
Agenda + Minutes
Welcome Thomas and Pat
TO: One pursuit is streamlining smaller contributions inbound
PR: Ready to fill in and work on what is needed next
KB: Honest discussion about how the transparency is going around here and what we have to be private about
Not suitable for public consumption
We have the role of managing the messaging and context for interactions with Red Hat, fundamentally needs to remain private
Most things can go into public
More public participation
History of where the effort came from has a lot to do with where things are today w.r.t NDA / Privacy etc
MM: all Directors are equal, aside from the special roles of Chair and Liaison
CentOS Project Licensing
Updated document combines all previous documents and concepts into one licensing policy
Comments due 09 April
Requirement for RH Virtual Summit, Karsten must close this before 15 April
Make sure this is communicated wide, -announce / -devel and on website are a good enough state
Position this as net positive move, to get the community to be a better state.
Everything is becoming a ‘free’ licence from ‘no known one’
CentOS Stream success criteria doc
This is our lever in protecting the community we care about.
What deadline can we commit to?
Liaison role - draft?
Bex doing RH side to present to the Board
I can draft before May meeting so we can discuss
Open goals refresh (doc)
Redesign discussions updated
Logo redesign
Website redesign
Need to get on this one after the open goals review
Rolling (last from 2020-02-11):
(Private) Trademark Guidelines review:
What works & what does not.
What do we want to get fixed; who wants to work on that.
(Private) Advisory Council - discussion toward a proposal - discussion draft
On hold while goals discussion is held, which includes a review and update of governance. We’ll figure out what model we want from that and how this idea might fit.
Any other topics aka What other things do you want on our master initiatives list?
Stepping-up our meeting norms
Transparency initiatives
Public minutes
On YYYY-MM-DD the CentOS Board of Directors met …

Narrative summary of what was discussed.

In support of these efforts, the Board came to the following decisions, resolutions, and agreements:

Item 1
Item N

Present at the meeting: