2021-10 CentOS board meeting
Zoom link : https://zoom.us/j/99567225678
Passcode will be sent to participants and guests the day the meeting takes place.
2021-10 CentOS board meeting - Agenda
- Brian "bex" Exelbierd
- Thomas Oulevey
- Davide Cavalca
- Jim Perrin
- Tru Huynh
- Mike McLean
- Josh Boyer
- Pat Riehecky
- Karanbir Singh
- Johnny Hughes
- Shaun McCance
- Matthias Runge
- Lance Albertson
- Brian Stinson
On going discussion
Issues to be closed (ACTION close all of them if no objection)
63 CentOS Stream and Operate First (Unclear what action, if any, is needed here. Propose we close until there is an action requested.)
- close issue and wait for concrete actions
45 CentOS variant artifacts (ISOs, disk images, etc.) branding (Draft was posted to https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2021-September/077326.html and there was, as far as I can tell, no comment from the community. Can we go ahead and get this published?)
- Rich : publish as a policy
- Decide where we can publish it. SIG documentation would be the right. MikeM: link with trademark guidelines.
- Brian: SIGGuide wiki page would make sense
44 Remove former Directors from various accounts and permissions
27 Providing Official AMIs in Amazon CN regions.
03 Getting official CentOS images into Azure
- no updates
- Jim & Bex : it's being worked on.
01 Shift Board to be more transparent in support of becoming a contributor-focused open source project
- Closing this issue
- Thomas: Write a blog post about the evolution in the past year with the point of view of new members
04 Definitive answer requested regarding logo design (This is currently in the hands of Brand. I was hoping to have some update before this meeting.)
- Rich : Red Hat brand contacted, no definitve answer yet
- 1/ Do we have to register a new brand ?
- Can we use the new branding before 1/ is sorted out ?
Issues on hold
Community Architect updates
- October CentOS Dojo update
- Dojo very successful, more non-redhatter speakers for the first time.
- Upcoming events
- All Things Open (Oct 17-19)
- Supercomputing (November 14-19)
- FOSDEM (Just announced, Feb 5-6 2022)
- Other awesome stuff happening
- Stream 9 launch promotion/marketing work - https://hackmd.io/RkOiWNmIQcWSubQ3emY0lg?edit
- Publicity around Stream 9 ; let the world know that it exists.
- centos-promo email to coordinate this effort.
Adjourned at 22h23